Air Compressors & Equipment for Automotive, Manufacturing, Industrial
Smith Air Center Inc; Northeast Pennsylvania’s leader in Industrial Compressed System Technology is currently accepting applications for the position of Compressed Air Service Technician.
The Compressed Air Service Technician serves customers by installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors along with additional compressed air system components. You will use precision measuring tools for diagnostic troubleshooting of compressed air equipment. In addition, you need to have knowledge of all operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment.
- Exceptional communication verbally with customers and co-workers and thoroughly maintains rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Provides technical assistance on equipment start-ups, installations and repairs of compressed air systems including hands-on work to assure equipment operates to customers requirements.
- Able to read wiring schematics and diagrams.
- Technical support for customers and customer service managers.
- Ensures proper operation of compressed air equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on a wide variety of compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers, and additional compressed air components.
- Works with Service Coordinator on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and repairs.
- Conduct safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment.
- Daily travel to customer sites, occasional overtime, and sporadic on-call emergency service is required.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of troubleshooting industrial /commercial mechanical systems.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computers (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Candidates must have their own set of standard tools.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- This position is physical and requires regular use of hands, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. and more.
Company Provided Supplies:
- Service Van, after Probationary Period
- Smart Phone with Company Email
- Bluetooth Wireless 4G Card
- Mobile Printer
Benefits after 90 days probation:
- Major Medical Health Insurance for the employee only
- Disability Insurance (short and long term)
- Life Insurance/ Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Paid Holidays
Benefits after 1 year:
- Profit Sharing/401K and Safe Harbor contribution by employer.
- An additional employer discretionary profit sharing or 401K contribution could be provided in addition to the Safe Harbor based on company profits and employee performance.
- Paid vacation.